Sunday, June 1, 2008

The right way!

"Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me." Psalm 23:4

At the moment I feel like I'm walking through a dark valley. I am on the way but I don't see where I am going really. And is dark so that I don't see the end of this part of my way. Maybe I have to walk like this for many miles still and perhaps I am almost there. Sometimes the trail is very rough, and I don't see where I go and suddenly I find myself flat on the ground. That hurts! It takes time to recover and doesn't make the way shorter. Sometimes I ask if this is my right way to go. Who could I ask, where can I get help from? I feel lonely, no one else is going the same path with me.
Really ? How do I know when it is dark? Why did I fall only once so far? And why was I able to get up by "myself" ? Why have I not lost the way? Why have I hope and faith that I go the right direction? Where do I get the energy to keep on going?
Because of Psalm 23. Because I am really NOT alone. God is with me on this trail. And he knows exactly where it is going. He knows how much further and how steep it is. I can't see this but thank God I can read it in my Bible. He loves me and cares for me. Nothing and no one can separate me from his love, Rom 8:38-39.
Do I really believe this? Yes, I want to. And what can be better than being with God? What is better, to wait alone at the end until God is through the dark valley or to walk together with God through the valley and learn who he is and grow in faith?
The way to heaven is not that wide, smooth, easy freeway on which most people go. But it is narrow and not many people find it, Matt. 7:14.

"But he who stands firm to the end will be saved." Matt. 10:22

1 comment:

Rivers Daughter said...

Good job Markus, thank you for this uplifting and encouraging note. You are right God goes with us and we are not alone.